Sponsored Message is the best way to send promotional messages to your Recart subscribers and achieve 90% open rates on your promotions.
You can send a single Sponsored Message or you can send a Flow as Sponsored Message from Recart. The latter lets you to push your audience into a Conversation Flow, teach them about your products, and send follow-ups in case they don't purchase.
Before you can start setting up your Sponsored Messages in Recart, in your Facebook Ads Manager you must have:
- a Campaign, with Messages Objective
- an Ad Set in it with an end date in the future (we recommend setting it at least 7 days ahead in the future)
- and the destination set to 'Sponsored Message'
It's necessary to have at least one campaign in your Ads Manager with these criteria because Recart will import the Sponsored Message Flow into one of the eligible campaigns.
If you've met all these criteria, please follow the steps below. 👇
1. Template or New Flow
You can choose to start with one of our pre-built Sponsored Message Flow Templates, or start one from scratch.
To start from a Template, please use our Library to pick one:
Once you chose a Template to use, click on "Use This Flow"
To start a building new Flow from scratch, please navigate to Recart Messenger Dashboard and click the 'Create New' button in the Custom Conversation Flow section:
2. If you've not yet connected your Facebook Ad account you'll be prompted to do so.
3. Click the 'Connect' button, you will be directed to the connect page, where you'll need to pick your Ad Account
4. Once that's done, you'll be directed back to the wizard. Now you'll be able to select 'Sponsored Message' and click 'Start'.
5. Choose the campaign to connect your Recart Sponsored Message to.
if you aren't able to select your campaign and click 'Next', then the issue is with one of the pre-requisites mentioned at the top of this article. ☝️
6. Last but not least, you'll also have to select the Ad Set from your Facebook Ad Campaigns.
7. If everything looks good, click 'Create Flow' and start building your Sponsored Message Flow.
8. Edit your Flow and once you're ready, you can test & enable it. When you enable the Flow in Recart, the Ad will become Active in your Ad Account
9. Go to your Ad Manager check if the Campaign, Ad Set, and Ad is set & activated properly. You can add segmentation to the Ad Set using Facebook's Audience Tools.
And that's it! 🚀 Your Sponsored Message Campaign will be sent to your audience after a successful Facebook review.
Frequently Asked Questions
- This is a Facebook ad format which means I have to set a bid. Now I have to pay for reaching my own subscribers?
Yes, you need to bid in order for your ad to run. However, this is going to be the most profitable campaign you'll run. It costs $0.10 on average to send out a message, and you can expect 15-40X ROAS from your Sponsored Message campaigns.
- How do I use the Conversation Flow Editor?
Recart's Conversation Flow Editor is an intuitive, drag-and-drop editor, that lets you connect messages to each other, creating a unique, engaging and automated conversation. Drag elements from the left-hand menu to the canvas, and connect the messages to each other to create a flow. If you're looking for a detailed walkthrough, check out this article.
- I don’t have a suitable campaign or ad set in my list, what should I do?
First things first, make sure that you have a Facebook campaign in your Ads Manager with the objective of Messages in order for Recart to run Sponsored Message ads.
You can either copy one of your previously created ads and change its settings to Messages objective, or you can create a new ad from scratch.
You also need to have an Ad Set with Sponsored message as its destination.
Please note that the ad set should be from the same Facebook page you connected your Recart Dashboard to.
In case you don't have a suitable campaign and ad set yet, go to your Facebook Ads Manager and create a campaign with the Quick Creation workflow:
- While creating a new campaign, select Messages as your campaign objective:
2. Then set a name to your new campaign on all levels: campaign name, ad set name and ad name. Then save your campaign to draft.
3. Now - despite the fact that your newly created campaign is practically empty, click on publish.
After your campaign and ad set is published, you can go back to the Recart dashboard and continue with the steps mentioned in the beginning of this article to create your Sponsored Message. ☝️
- My question is not discussed here. Can you help?
We're always here to assist you! Feel free to contact our Customer Success team, we'd love to help! 😊